I tested my 3 yr old child 1 hr after eating, with a home blood glucose test and it was 168. Is that ok?

Dr. Vered Lewy-Weiss
Pediatrics - Endocrinology

In brief: Reason for Testing?

There are lots of variables to take into consideration including the meter accuracy and if hands were completely dry after cleaning.
Laffy taffy on the patient's hands was the reason a small boy was brought into the office for a blood sugar of 327 mg/dl. Cleaned hands and he was 87. Best to also wait 2 hr after food before test. If you're concerned enough to test, please see your child's doctor.

In brief: Reason for Testing?

Dr. Vered Lewy-Weiss
Dr. Vered Lewy-Weiss
Dr. Jonathan Jassey