Is there an over-the-counter antihistamine medication available to treat poison oak?

Steroids needed. If you have a significant case of poison oak, antihistamines are unlikely to faze the itching. You probably need oral steroids. You can certainly try oral antihistamines and topical steroids like cortisone 10, but these rarely control the severe itch of even a moderate case. Better see your doctor for stronger stuff. Most cases last about 3 weeks.
Many. Many otc antihistamines can treat the itching associated with poison oak. These include claritin, (loratadine) clarinex, zyrtec and allegra. Older antihistamines are available but associated with drowsiness, delayed reaction time and dry mouth. Treatment with topical cortisone treatment is usually necessary for poison oak and sometimes requires higher potency than is available over the counter.