How do u get rid of dental pain caused by invisalign braces? What's a good medicine?

In brief: Advil!

I find that non steroidal anti inflamatories like advil (ibuprofen) are the best medicine.

In brief: Advil!

Dr. Joseph Worthington
Dr. Joseph Worthington
Dr. James Wright
Dentistry

In brief: Options...

I agree with the other doctors.
.. Aleve, (naproxen) advil, Motrin are all good answers. If you are wanting to stay away nsaids, then you may want to consider arnica. (whole foods or health stores) also it is a concern that you are experiencing so much pain. Normally, the discomfort when we change out invisalign trays is mostly pressure and dissipates quickly, please see your dentist.

In brief: Options...

I agree with the other doctors.
Dr. James Wright
Dr. James Wright
Dr. David Stall
Dentistry

In brief: Advil (ibuprofen)

I agree with the other doctors.
If you are having continued pain, you should see your dentist about whether the aligners are fitting correctly. Most often, pain from aligners is limited to the first 1-2 days.

In brief: Advil (ibuprofen)

I agree with the other doctors.
Dr. David Stall
Dr. David Stall
Dr. David Schleimer
Hi David, it is my belief that teeth do not know or care how they are being moved. If invisalign is providing the force for tooth movement, and creates an inflammatory reaction (osteoclastic activity), then like all inflammatory pain it peaks at about 72 hours and then dissipates. If it is uncomfortable for only one day, the aligner likely has too little correction built into it.
Dr. David Schleimer
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: I agree

All my colleagues are correct in their information.
One way to stop the pain is to not wear the invisalign tray (many do). Compliance is just one of many factors that make invisalign treatment a poor choice in my arsenal of orthodontic therapies. Good luck!

In brief: I agree

Dr. David Schleimer
Dr. David Schleimer
Dr. Gabriel Malouf
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: Agreed.

Over-the-counter anti-inflammatories usually work well for this type of pain.
Make sure you are assessing the real cause of your pain; it could be something else. See your dentist/orthodontist if it is not improving after 1-2 days.

In brief: Agreed.

Dr. Gabriel Malouf
Dr. Gabriel Malouf
Dr. Hilary Baskin
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Ibruprofin

you should not need anything more than this

In brief: Ibruprofin

Dr. Hilary Baskin
Dr. Hilary Baskin
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Ibuprofen

According to research done by dr stephen cooper, 1 Ibuprofen (advil, motrin) is 40% more effective than 2 tylenol (acetaminophen) and 10% more effective than 2 Aspirin for relieving dental pain.
Also, keep gums healthy, especially between teeth. Rinse w 1tsp salt in 8oz warm water every 4 hrs. Eat soft high protein diet.

In brief: Ibuprofen

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Alexandra Jaquery
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: Ibuprofen n tylenol (acetaminophen)

These are good moderate pain killers.
Ibuprofen is also an anti-inflamatory and will help with teeth tenderness due to orthodontic movimentation. Soft foods also help.

These are good moderate pain killers.
Dr. Alexandra Jaquery
Dr. Alexandra Jaquery

In brief: Advil (ibuprofen)

Usually, pain meds are not needed when going through invisalign or any orthodontic treatment.
However, it is not uncommon to experience headaches due to pressures applied by oral appliances. Just like any headache, advil (ibuprofen) should do a trick. Please check with your dentist if it is actual toothache.

In brief: Advil (ibuprofen)

Dr. Woojin Woody Kwon
Dr. Woojin Woody Kwon
Dr. S. Jay Bowman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Analgesics

First, call your orthodontic specialist for their advice.
Typically, over-the-counter pain analgesics are suggested. Significant pain, however, may indicate that attention is required. Check with your orthodontist right away.

In brief: Analgesics

Dr. S. Jay Bowman
Dr. S. Jay Bowman
Dr. Louis Gallia
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Advil, Tylenol (acetaminophen)

One may work better than others. Pain usually very transient.

Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine