How can I tell if the Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) is working for my son?

Dr. William Holmes
Pediatrics - Psychiatry
In brief: Symptom Improvement
You will know if a medicine like Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) is being helpful if you see improvement in the areas for which the medicine is being used.
For example, if attention span has been a big problem, and your son is now paying better attention, then the Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) is probably helping. The same thinking would apply to hyperactivity and impulsivity, two other areas of difficulty seen in adhd.

In brief: Symptom Improvement
Dr. William Holmes
Dr. William Holmes
Dr. Cindy Juster