To get an HSG done do I need a referral from a ob/gyn or can I just call and schedule one?

Need an order/referr. Any doctor could order, gyn or reproductive endocrinology usually order. They are sometimes (frequently) not covered by insurance, and can be very expensive. But, if you have infertility they are a usual part of the testing and evaluation for causes.