What is the meaning of a mildly enlarged heart on a chest xray?

Joke: what is the . Radiologists favorite plant? Answer: the hedge. On a pa/lateral chest xray the heart may be up to 50% of the thoracic diameter. Beyond this the heart is said to be enlarged- i.e. A sign of heart failure. If the heart barely meets this criteria or is slightly larger the radiologist may say that it is "mildly enlarged" or "heart size is borderline".
Enlarged heart. May not be anything. X-ray findings of a heart shadow should be evaluated with clinical symptoms. If you do not have any symptoms, most likely it is not the heart. Nevertheless you should get checked.
Depends. The term, "mildly enlarged heart" is somewhat vague. For athletes a slightly enlarged heart may be normal. The appearance of the heart on a chest film can vary from body form. It can also mean disease. Your chest film meaningshould be explained to you by your physician..