Can allergy shots really cause weight gain?

In brief: No
Allergy shots have no calories and don't increase one's appetite, so they do not cause weight gain.
However, if a patient snacks on the way to the doctor's office, snacks in the waiting room, and snacks on the way home, then he will end up getting a lot of extra calories from going to get allergy shots.

In brief: No
Dr. Maziar Rezvani
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: Never studied
I am not aware of any clinical data on weight gain and immunotherapy.
Antihistamines do stimulate appetite so that could be s confounder. Anecdotally I have not seen this phenomenon in my clinical practice.

In brief: Never studied
Dr. Maziar Rezvani
Dr. Maziar Rezvani
Dr. Mark Diamond
In brief: 1 way-maybe
If the allergic symptoms are so severe you feel poorly, you may have decreased appetite.
In addition, allergies may adversely affect the sense of smeell and/or taste diminishing the appetite. Thus if the shots are effective, you may feel better, eating more and gaining weight. This scenario is a possibility.

In brief: 1 way-maybe
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Steven Seres