Is there a ?Difference between homeopathic and holistic medicine?

Dr. Pamela Pappas
I agree with dr. Dasilva that homeopathy is holistic, and also a distinct system of medicine.
But his description of "homeopathic" is actually "isopathic": using a solution of the identical organism thought to cause lyme. Instead, homeopathy applies medicines whose pattern of symptoms matches those of the individual patient: "similar suffering". Actual remedy could be plant, mineral, or animal.

Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Randy Baker
Holistic Medicine
This is a good question, as many people confuse homeopathy & holistic medicine.
Holistic medicine treats the whole person: mind, body & spirit, & holistic docs often use natural therapies like nutrition, herbs & homeopathy. Homeopathy is a specific type of holistic healing that uses minute amounts of natural substances to stimulate the body to heal itself. See my comment for links to more info:.

Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Randy Baker
A good introduction to homeopathy: http://www.healingwithhomeopathy.net/introduc.htm For more detailed information check out: http://www.homeopathic.com/Articles/Introduction_to_Homeopathy/A_Great_Introductory_Article_for_Advocates_O.html
Dr. Guy DaSilva
Preventive Medicine
Homeopathic medicine is a type of therapy based on the hypothesis that a substance that causes the symptoms of a disease in healthy people will cure that disease in sick people.
[ this hypothesis is known as "the law of similars" or "like cures like". So if you have lyme's disease for example, a homeopathic solution will be comprised of a mixture of the actual organism that causes lyme's and water.

Dr. Guy DaSilva
Dr. Guy DaSilva
Dr. Adam Smith