How can I stop grinding teeth in sleep?

Dr. Jake Richards
Dentistry

In brief: Really can't easily

It is usually a subconcious thing and stopping is not easy.
Reduce stress and protect your teeth. Get an occlusal night guard. It will not stop you from grinding but it will save your teeth from the damage. I rec a hard one if you grind heavy. You will chew through a soft one quickly.

In brief: Really can't easily

Dr. Jake Richards
Dr. Jake Richards
Dr. Anna Guarna
Dentistry

In brief: Something different

Grinding/clenching/bruxism occur as a stress response.
..Alleviating daily stress before bedtime would help...Try hypnosis/meditation (there are recordings available)...You can even fall asleep to it. Perhaps destressing by exercising...Find what works best for you. Nightguards help to mitigate the damage that bruxism causes, but they will not stop you from grinding.

In brief: Something different

Dr. Anna Guarna
Dr. Anna Guarna
Dr. Louis Gallia
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Complex problem

Complex problem. No easy solution.
Best person to deal with this complex problem is a TMJ-orofacial pain expert.

In brief: Complex problem

Complex problem. No easy solution.
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Louis Gallia