What's the treatment for a heel spur?

many different ways. Take pressure off of pto, change the way the foot is working with supports. Compresses to area and stretching exercises.
Antiinflamatories. Heel spurs generally don't hurt. What does hurt is the plantar fascia (arch) ligament connected to the heel. This becomes inflamed and that hurts. If you tolerate them, Ibuprofen or Naproxen can reduce inflammation, but the foot needs support or it will likely happen again. A podiatrist can fabricate orthotics (custom arch supports) which support feet nicely and help prevent reoccurrence.
Few things. I would start with stretching and icing regimen. Anything to stretch the calf will help. Orthotics foryour shoes. Anti inflammatory medication and steroid injections are the main treatment options. If these do not work surgery may be warranted.
Treat if painful. Heel spurs should only be taken out surgically if they are associated with chronic plantar fasciitis or symptomatic insertional Achilles tendonitis. Plantar calcaneal heel spurs rarely ever cause pain but can be taken out as a last line of treatment for plantar fasciitis. If the heel spurs do not bother you then you do not need to treat them.