Will insurance cover the medications surrounding my learning disorder?

Dr. William Holmes
Pediatrics - Psychiatry
In brief: Check with Insurance
The brief answer is that your insurance benefit would possibly cover your medication use, but you would need to check your specific medications with your prescription drug benefit.
I am not aware of medications being used specfically for learning disorders, so you might have been prescribed meds for symptoms that have an impact on your learning - for example, meds for adhd.

In brief: Check with Insurance
Dr. William Holmes
Dr. William Holmes
Dr. Ernest Bordini
Clinical Psychology
In brief: Probably not
Most of the plans we encounter specifically exclude testing, therapy or services for learning disorder, and some like bcbs of fl had at least in the past instructed providers not to bill them for such services.
Medications are not usually prescribed for learning disorders, but if prescribed for other disorders such as adhd would be covered under that.

In brief: Probably not
Dr. Ernest Bordini
Dr. Ernest Bordini