Is it safe to use my old cpap machine for my sleep apnea?

Dr. Lonna Larsh
In brief: Maybe
It depends on how old it is.
You could well need a new mask and tubing. You want to make sure the machine is working, of course. It is a good idea to do a repeat sleep study now and then to make sure you don't need to adjust your pressure.

In brief: Maybe
It depends on how old it is.
Dr. Lonna Larsh
Dr. Lonna Larsh
Dr. Jeffrey Jarvis
Dentistry
In brief: Yes, but new is ok
If you have an old CPAP machine, i assume that you saw a md, had a sleep test etc.
But if that was a long time ago, your condition may have changed, and you should probably have a new workup. Plus, new machines are so much quieter and much more comfortable. Talk to your md about a new study and an upgrade to first class!

In brief: Yes, but new is ok
Dr. Jeffrey Jarvis
Dr. Jeffrey Jarvis
In brief: Depends
I would ask my doctor about getting a new sleep study to determine if your numbers as far a sleep apnea have changed.
I would not just put the machine on after a long while and expect it to deliver the same results.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology