If my allergies are really bad, do I need to worry about overdosing on allergy meds?

Dr. Patrick Melder
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: No

If taken as prescribed, you should not have issues at all.
Most allergy meds are anti-histamines ... An over-dosage is just going to cause disruptions in alertness, dry mouth, etc. But if your allergy meds aren't working... See out an ENT who does allergy or an allergist. You may be a candidate for immunotherapy - you may get to the point you could stop taking meds all together.

In brief: No

Dr. Patrick Melder
Dr. Patrick Melder
Dr. Lee Perry
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: See an allergist

If your allergy symptoms are so bad that you are having to take more than recommended doses of antihistamines, you should see an allergist to determine the cause of your symptoms.

In brief: See an allergist

Dr. Lee Perry
Dr. Lee Perry
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine