How do I improve my self-esteem?

Dr. Miroslava Fox
Clinical Psychology
In brief: See below
You can do positive self-affirmation.
You can also make an inventory of your own self -- what makes you a good person; what can you do well, or skilled at. You can also set up small goals for yourself to do during the day and do the summary at the end of the day -- will help you with the sense of accomplishment, which helps with self-esteem.

In brief: See below
You can do positive self-affirmation.
Dr. Miroslava Fox
Dr. Miroslava Fox
2 comments
Dr. Lily Bhattacharya
You can also get help by going to a therapist and finding out what caused this and how to combat it longterm. This can be meds, therapy or both. Seeing your doctor will help figure it out and let you know where you stand. Good luck.
Dr. Miroslava Fox
Dr. Bhattacharya, Thank you for your comment!
Dr. Arthur Ciaramicoli
Clinical Psychology
In brief: Self Esteem
You will need to uncover how you came to doubt yourself in the first place and then develop strategies to change your story to a more realistic view of yourself.
Consult with a clinical psychologist and read the updated articles on depression and anxiety on the soundimindz.Org web site. Best.

In brief: Self Esteem
Dr. Arthur Ciaramicoli
Dr. Arthur Ciaramicoli
Dr. Lawrence Smith
Clinical Psychology
In brief: Be good, and learn!
There are many ways to have healthy self-esteem. Most agree that there are two broad components to self-esteem: (1) the view that I am a worthwhile or good person; and (2) the view that I have some competence (i know things or know how to do things).
If people continue to strive to be virtuous or good and to learn and develop skills they will tend to have a positive self-concept. Striving is key.

In brief: Be good, and learn!
Dr. Lawrence Smith
Dr. Lawrence Smith
In brief: Do
The best way to improve self-esteem is to identify a goal you consider worthy--usually it is something challenging, and something you perhaps fear failing at--and then pursue it.
You may or may not succeed. Regardless, your self-esteem will become solid for having given it your all. If you do succeed, you will have the added pleasure of success. But the joy of trying is always the greatest.

In brief: Do
Dr. Jeffrey Satinover
Dr. Jeffrey Satinover