Is a specific type of syringe needed for emergency insect allergy injections?

Dr. Stephen Kimura
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
I usually prescribe and epipen (epinephrine).
This is a prefilled, spring loaded, self injector. It is most convenient for those that have a reaction and require rapid treatment. There are other devices out there as well but i prefer the convenience and widespread availability of this product.

Dr. Stephen Kimura
Dr. Stephen Kimura
Dr. Gary Steven
In brief: Auto-injector
See your doctor for a prescription for an automatic Epinephrine injector. Trying to draw up an injection out of a vial of Epinephrine while you're in the throes of an allergic reaction just wastes valuable time.
People die because they don't get an Epinephrine injection fast enough.

In brief: Auto-injector
Dr. Gary Steven
Dr. Gary Steven
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine