I am a 48 year year old man who plays rugby and goes to the gym each day/ how should I avoid injury?

Dr. Robert Greer
In brief: Quit Rugby
Not really.As an old rugger, now 60 yrs+, i can tell you the game took a tremendous toll on me.
The loss of my kidney to a first time player who thought a "spear"tackle would keep me out of the next play was wrong;i sewed up his eyebrow not long after.My ruined shoulders from hooking, knees from loose rucks and constant arm numbness from scrums are but a small price for the great after game song-beer.

In brief: Quit Rugby
Dr. Robert Greer
Dr. Robert Greer
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine