Is is okay to receive vaccinations for mumps, rubeola, rubella, and varicella all at the same time?

Dr. Mark Diamond
Studies have exhaustively shown that this package is safe.

Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Randolph Thomas
In brief: It is recommended
It is ok to receive the MMR (mumps, rubeola, rubella) and the varivax (varicella) vaccines on the same day.
That's the opinion of the cdc and the american academy of pediatrics. The mmrv (combined MMR and varivax) is not recommended for the initial vaccine given at 12 to 15 months of age because of an increased rate of febrile seizures over the MMR and varivax given individually on the same day.

In brief: It is recommended
Dr. Randolph Thomas
Dr. Randolph Thomas
Dr. Yash Khanna
In brief: Safe for the second
It is ok to gise combined mmr&varicella for the booster dose at 4to6 years age and it is well tolerated with no increase in side effects, but first dose at 1 years of age should be separate vaccines, as that can give rise to more side effects including fever and seizures.

In brief: Safe for the second
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Cornelia Franz
In brief: No
Many physicians give the mmrv together. And claim no problems.
Literature says it is ok. I do not recommend it nor offer it in my practice. It is four live viruses together and i prefer giving MMR and varicella separately on different days for better response . Mmrv increases the risk of seizures with fever (up by 9% over MMR alone...Check out cdc website.) do your own research.

In brief: No
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham