What should I consider before getting an intrauterine device?

Dr. Justin Diedrich
Gynecology

In brief: When to get preg

Main thing i want my patients to consider is when (or if) they want to get pregnant.
If you want to conceive in about a year or less, don't get an iud. If you want to put off pregnancy for longer than a year, it's worth it. Get a long acting method like an iud.

In brief: When to get preg

Dr. Justin Diedrich
Dr. Justin Diedrich
Dr. Michael Sparacino

In brief: Talk to your doc

Problems like these can only be correctly handled by your doctor in person.
He/she needs to listen to you, perform an examination and possibly run labs or other tests. That's the only way he/she can find out what's going on and what to do about it.

In brief: Talk to your doc

Dr. Michael Sparacino
Dr. Michael Sparacino
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham