I sprained my ankle really bad and I am already doing r.I.C.E but is there anything else that will help?

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry

In brief: Antiinflammatory

Try an antiinflammatory i.
E Motrin or alleve. Not sure how you are compressing but a brace is a good idea. I would limit my walking if the sprain is really bad. Keep in mind if you are self diagnosing there is always the possibility you broke something if the sprain is severe, so if the pain doesn;t subside x-rays would be in order.

In brief: Antiinflammatory

Try an antiinflammatory i.
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Karl Mangold
Orthopedic Surgery - Foot & Ankle

Ankle braces provide both support and compression and can be purchased over the counter. Also antiinflammatories like Ibuprofen or Naproxen can reduce your pain and symptoms.
If your pain does not go away in a few weeks, see a foot and ankle specialist to determine if you had more than just a sprain. There are literally dozens of injuries that can occur from twisting the ankle.

Dr. Karl Mangold
Dr. Karl Mangold
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine