Tips on acne treatment?

Pathology
In brief: Rx's best
Since you are a female, your physician may be able to identify a mild hormonal problem putting you at extra risk.
Over-the-counter stuff is weak. I start with topical Clindamycin with or without a retinoic acid derivative, adding a systemic antibiotic if needed (erythromycin might be a good choice if you can tolerate it). Only dermatologists can use the strongest medications.

In brief: Rx's best
Dr. Michael Sinclair
In brief: Avoid sugar be gentl
Medical opinion keeps changing, but sugar seems to aggravate acne a lot.
Treating your skin too rough by frequent washings also makes acne worse by injuring your protective top layer of skin. Otc products used in combination that have salicylic acid, glycolic acid and benzoyl peroxide can help, but they all take time to work. You need to try something for 6 weeks before you can decide if it works.

In brief: Avoid sugar be gentl
Dr. Michael Sinclair
Dr. Michael Sinclair