Why do I have a black dot in my mouth, it sticks out a little? Its close to my lip but its inside my mouth . I've had it for like 10 years

Dr. Deborah Wong
In brief: Has it been the same
Has this lesion been the same for the whole 10 years? If so, it is probably not a huge concern, however, the safest course of action is to have your doctor look at it and remove it and send it for biopsy.
While it is probably benign if it hasn't changed in 10 years, lesions can mutate to serious issues such as melanoma, which can be fatal. See your dr!

In brief: Has it been the same
Dr. Deborah Wong
Dr. Deborah Wong
Dr. Joel Doyon
Dentistry - Cosmetic
In brief: See a dentist
Has your dentist looked at it? If not , you should have a dentist look at it to tell you what it possibly is and if any treatment is needed.

In brief: See a dentist
Dr. Joel Doyon
Dr. Joel Doyon
Dr. Keegan Duchicela