If u have pcos syndrome and u don't have diabetes, would u still take metformin? I thought u only took metformin for type 2 diabetes?

For both. Patients with pcos are at risk for having Insulin resistance which can lead to diabetes. Metformin makes the Insulin more "sensitive" thus it can be used for both disorders. You do not need to be a diabetic to use metformin. Metformin can also be used to treat pre-diabetes.
Possibly. With pcos and no diabetes metformin may still be a good choice: it's not terribly effective as a fertility drug by itself, but it can help the effectiveness of Clomid (clomiphene) in selected cases. It also has some benefit for cycle regulation and hormone-related complaints, especially in women with Insulin resistance. You're partly right though, use for anything except dm type ii is off-label.
Yes, you can take it. Metformin works by making the cells of your body more sensitive to the hormone insulin. Insulin allows your cells to be able to use glucose as fuel. People with certain medical conditions such as pcos have Insulin resitance. So it takes more Insulin to get the job done. This can also increase wt. Metformin actually helps the body to lower the level of Insulin so it does not cause low blood sugar.