I want to get laser liposuction, should I wait till after I have kids?

Dr. M. Christine Lee
Dermatology
In brief: Depends
Depends on how soon you plan to have kids and what your expectations are from the procedure.
If you're not planning to have kids for several years, then you might want to consider doing this before kids if it will help you reach your target goals for body image. If you're planning to have kids soon then best to wait until after kids.

In brief: Depends
Dr. M. Christine Lee
Dr. M. Christine Lee
Dr. Timothy Mountcastle
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: No
You may need it again after you have kids.
But laser lipo removes numbers of fat cells so even if the fat cells left after lipo could get bigger during pregnancy you should be proportionately smaller there.

In brief: No
Dr. Timothy Mountcastle
Dr. Timothy Mountcastle
Dr. Ralph Rosato
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Not necessarily
If you are trying to get pregnant or expect to be pregnant in the near future then i would wait.
Liposuction results will not be effected if you do not gain excessive weight during your pregnancy. Your OB should be able to give you a range of proper weight gain for you frame. If you are considering it in the neck/chin area then pregnancy will not effect you at all.

In brief: Not necessarily
Dr. Ralph Rosato
Dr. Ralph Rosato
Dr. Joseph Campanelli
The best results will be obtained when your body shape is stable. I would recommend waiting and then seek a consultation. At that time, you may find that other things have changed that you may want to address.
Dr. John Di Saia
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Timing
If the children are planned soon i would have them first.
Weight gain and loss after liposuction does change the result.

In brief: Timing
Dr. John Di Saia
Dr. John Di Saia