I have developed a rash thatstarted on my face. It was very itchy. Doc thinks it might be hives.

Dr. Martin Ostro
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: Hives treatable
Hives are itchy, raised, red areas on skin ranging from pin point to many inches in diameter and lasting from a few minutes up to 24 hr and clearig without residual skin changes.
If they recur for several days and there is no apparent cause then an allergic cause is very rare. One or more antihistamines in high doses will usually control hives and if not, see allergist.

In brief: Hives treatable
Dr. Martin Ostro
Dr. Martin Ostro
Dr. Jack Mutnick
In brief: Hives
If it is, then you need to use the recommended oral antihistamines to get this under control.
You can also use topical preparations to calm down the itch.

In brief: Hives
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Clarissa Abrantes
It has to be examined so if the doctor says it's likely hives, it probably is.

Dr. Clarissa Abrantes
Dr. Clarissa Abrantes
Dr. Adam Smith