Are the crest 3-d white whitening strips damaging to your teeth in the long run?

Dr. Giri Palani
Dentistry

In brief: Safe when used right

When used as directed by your dentist, they should not damage healthy tooth structure.
I would recommend you have a dental exam to make sure your enamel is healthy and suitable for whitening.

In brief: Safe when used right

Dr. Giri Palani
Dr. Giri Palani
Dr. Daniel Theurer
General Practice

In brief: Bleaching your teeth

Bleaching hasn't had any side effects besides increased cold sensitivity.
I'm an avid believer in bleaching. Go ahead, good luck and have fun!

In brief: Bleaching your teeth

Dr. Daniel Theurer
Dr. Daniel Theurer

In brief: No

Whitening strips should not damage your enamel when used as prescribed.

In brief: No

Dr. Richard Leaderman
Dr. Richard Leaderman
Dr. Hamid Imankhan
Dentistry

In brief: No

You may experience some sensitivity to cold and or air for short term, but no long term side effect.

In brief: No

Dr. Hamid Imankhan
Dr. Hamid Imankhan
Dr. Richard Vachon
Dentistry

In brief: No

If used according to directions, there should be no long term damaging effects on your teeth.

In brief: No

Dr. Richard Vachon
Dr. Richard Vachon
Dr. Robert Mokbel
Dentistry

In brief: Yes and No

The stips may not be very effective in whitening your teeth, you should seek professionally made gel carriers for whitening, no one knows the long term effects of the strips on the teeth but the product will leak onto the gums around the teeth and may irritate the gums.
You should read the label on the box and follow the instructions very carefully and use it moderately.

In brief: Yes and No

Dr. Robert Mokbel
Dr. Robert Mokbel
Dr. Shontae Buffington