This is my first pregnancy - is it more common to give birth before or after the due date?

Dr. Alan Patterson
In brief: Either
Depends on what your situation is and what is going on with your pregnancy, i don't allow my pts to go past their due date and none of my pts want to go past their due date , a recent large study showed the ideal time to deliver is 39-40 weeks , the baby has the least chance of going to the nicu, and bad things can happen when u go past your due date and the baby could have already been out.

In brief: Either
Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
In brief: One week of due date
90 % of all women give birth one week around their due date.
..39-41 weeks.

In brief: One week of due date
..39-41 weeks.
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. Jane Van Dis