Grade 2 cystocele and rectocele grade 1-2 uterine prolapse. No sensation of heaviness etc would you repair while doing sling for stress incontenence?

Dr. J. Kyle Mathews
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Urogynecology
In brief: Probable not
If you are currently asymptomatic, i would probably not recommend repairing the cystocele or rectocele providing they are not causing any issues.
That said, a number of factors go into determining whether to have surgery or not. I would suggest you discuss your options with your physician and follow their recommendation.

In brief: Probable not
Dr. J. Kyle Mathews
Dr. J. Kyle Mathews
Dr. Betsy Greenleaf
Gynecology
In brief: Depends
Depends. In some instance, i would repair both and some not.
There are many other factors that would go into deciding this. I would go by the recommendations of your physician. It never hurts to get a second opinion if you are concerned.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Betsy Greenleaf
Dr. Betsy Greenleaf
2 comments
Dr. John Fung
Bad picture selection, since this is a female problem! ;-)
Dr. Betsy Greenleaf
Interesting.... since I did not select the picture. I agree poor picture
Dr. Mary Denman
Gynecology
In brief: No
If you are not having symptoms, and your doctor does not think there is significant prolapse to affect the performance of the sling procedure, then there is no reason for extensive surgery.

In brief: No
Dr. Mary Denman
Dr. Mary Denman
Dr. Mitchell Schuster
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Urogynecology
In brief: Depends
My mantra is "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." is it broke?

In brief: Depends
Dr. Mitchell Schuster
Dr. Mitchell Schuster
Dr. Abraham Morse
yes. if it is not bothering you in any way, then there is no reason to fix the anatomy.
Dr. Michael Hulse
Gynecology
In brief: Not necessarily
Repair of a cystocele or rectocele is not usually indicated unless their are symptoms.
Many women have grade 1-2 prolapse that is asymptomatic. Their are risks involved with any surgery that you may choose to have performed. It would be important to consider risks vs benefits. If symptoms worsen then the surgery could be performed in the future if needed. Need to discuss with your surgeon.

In brief: Not necessarily
Dr. Michael Hulse
Dr. Michael Hulse
Dr. Phil Chen
In brief: Need to see a doctor
You should consult your ob/gyn doctor or colorectal surgon and see which procedure is best for your condition.

In brief: Need to see a doctor
Dr. Phil Chen
Dr. Phil Chen
Dr. Adam Levy