What doctor can help me with anxiety?

Dr. Pamela Pappas
In brief: Psychiatrist
A psychiatrist can help evaluate and treat your anxiety.
Medications can be very helpful, and some primary care physicians may not feel comfortable prescribing them. Psychiatrists may also offer supportive and cognitive behavioral therapy as well. If not, they may work in conjunction with a psychologist or other psychotherapist who does do these types of therapies -- very important in treatment.

In brief: Psychiatrist
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Mark Bair
Emergency Medicine
In brief: Primary Care Doctor
Primary care, psychiatry and your local mental health programs can help you.
It all depends on the details of your anxiety. I would start with your family physician first and if you are not satisfied then request a referral to a psychiatrist. If you would like a non-medicated approach then contact a psychologist or counselor.

In brief: Primary Care Doctor
Dr. Mark Bair
Dr. Mark Bair
Dr. Roshni Patel
In brief: First stop is PCP
The first person to see is your primary care physician.

In brief: First stop is PCP
Dr. Roshni Patel
Dr. Roshni Patel
Dr. John Washburn
In brief: Primary care
Anxiety problems are very common, therefore the primary care community is generally well-versed in treating it.
Start with your local family or internal medicine doctor. If the issue is more severe then they can refer you to a psychiatrist.

In brief: Primary care
Dr. John Washburn
Dr. John Washburn
Dr. Eric Weisman