Why do I have hoarseness in my voice?

Many reasons. But the underlying problem is something affecting the vibration of your vocal cords. The vocal cords are like two strands of a rubber band. When they don't vibrate well, you will have hoarseness. This can be due to inflammation (reflux, allergies), infection, poor technique leading to fatigue, smoking, nodules, polyps, cysts, etc. If hoarseness persists, you should see an ent.
Vocal cords. Hoarseness is usually due to vocal cords not closing correctly. This can be due to swelling from a virus, vocal nodes (singers), other masses on the vocal cords or nerve issues.