Why do I have hoarseness in my voice?

Dr. Phil Zapanta
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Many reasons

But the underlying problem is something affecting the vibration of your vocal cords.
The vocal cords are like two strands of a rubber band. When they don't vibrate well, you will have hoarseness. This can be due to inflammation (reflux, allergies), infection, poor technique leading to fatigue, smoking, nodules, polyps, cysts, etc. If hoarseness persists, you should see an ent.

In brief: Many reasons

Dr. Phil Zapanta
Dr. Phil Zapanta
Dr. Clarence Watridge
Neurosurgery

In brief: Vocal cords

Hoarseness is usually due to vocal cords not closing correctly.
This can be due to swelling from a virus, vocal nodes (singers), other masses on the vocal cords or nerve issues.

In brief: Vocal cords

Dr. Clarence Watridge
Dr. Clarence Watridge