What is the wisdom teeth removal operation like?

Not bad. I had it myself and not bad. I was given some "laughing gas" and local anesthesia. Had the teeth removed. I was given a pain killer which i did not take. I iced like crazy and did fine. Was one of the easiet recoveries as far as surguries.
Wisdom tooth surgery. Having your wisdom teeth removed is a very common and usually straightforward operation that is well-tolerated by most people. In fact, it's commonly the first operation many patients undergo. You'll be sedated by using an I.V., will sleep through the whole surgery and probably won't remember a thing. Afterwards, you'll have some pain and swelling which should be manageable. You'll do fine!
Very common. However, the extraction of wisdom teeth involves a surgical procedure that is far from a simple tooth extraction. Many patients require the treatment by an oral surgeon. The key to successful and uneventful recovery from wisdom teeth surgery is appropriate anesthesia and finding the right dentist/surgeon. .