What is the wisdom teeth removal operation like?

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry

In brief: Not bad

I had it myself and not bad.
I was given some "laughing gas" and local anesthesia. Had the teeth removed. I was given a pain killer which i did not take. I iced like crazy and did fine. Was one of the easiet recoveries as far as surguries.

In brief: Not bad

I had it myself and not bad.
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. James Bates
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Wisdom tooth surgery

Having your wisdom teeth removed is a very common and usually straightforward operation that is well-tolerated by most people.
In fact, it's commonly the first operation many patients undergo. You'll be sedated by using an I.V., will sleep through the whole surgery and probably won't remember a thing. Afterwards, you'll have some pain and swelling which should be manageable. You'll do fine!

In brief: Wisdom tooth surgery

Dr. James Bates
Dr. James Bates
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: Very common

However, the extraction of wisdom teeth involves a surgical procedure that is far from a simple tooth extraction.
Many patients require the treatment by an oral surgeon. The key to successful and uneventful recovery from wisdom teeth surgery is appropriate anesthesia and finding the right dentist/surgeon.

In brief: Very common

Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Shontae Buffington