Can taking crinone (progesterone gel) during early pregnancy mask a miscarriage?

No. Crinone (progesterone gel) is a vaginal gel containing progesterone. It can not cause miscarriage in fact it is often prescribed after in vitro fertilization to help support an early pregnancy.
No. Some people believe that supplementing with Progesterone during the first trimester can decrease a woman's risk of miscarriage. Whether or not this is true is still under debate. Nothing will 'mask' a miscarriage. A miscarriage will happen and is largely out of our control.