What can cause foot pain in young children?

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry
In brief: "growing pains"?
Sometimes, children get pain in bones that have not yet closed or fully formed.
I.E. Pain to the heel in a child is often a condition called calcaneal apophysitis or sever's disease. It is a benign problem and usually self limiting. Rest and ice help it. (there are other causes this being a more common one.).

In brief: "growing pains"?
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Ankur Dharia
Podiatry
In brief: So many causes...
Too many causes to list, but here are some more common ones: plantar fasciitis, bursitis, calcaneal apophysitis, trauma (contusion, sprain, or fracture), symptomatic flatfeet, bone or soft tissue tumor..
..I apologize for the list, but the question was very broad....Probably better to see a podiatrist in person where he can take a full history a narrow down the possibilities. Good luck!

In brief: So many causes...
Dr. Ankur Dharia
Dr. Ankur Dharia
Dr. Shontae Buffington