When is the best time to get a baby circumsized is that somethin they do at birth or at the dr?

Dr. Jeff Livingston

In brief: 1-2 days after born

Most of the time circumcision can be done in the hospital by the pediatrician or obgyn before the baby and mom are discharged.
Some choose to do it later due as part of a religious ceremony such as a bris. It can also be done after discharge in most pediatrician's office.

In brief: 1-2 days after born

Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Padmavati Garvey

In brief: At birth

If you plan on having your baby circumsized, then do it shortly after birth.

In brief: At birth

Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. Padmavati Garvey

In brief: Newborn period

I've been involved with more than a thousand over the years.
Data shows the best outcomes with those done in the first few days, with longer delays adding to the problem rate. I did my last office circ more than 10 yrs ago for a Rabbi's kid, but don't keep the equipment around any more.

In brief: Newborn period

Dr. Shontae Buffington