Are there any treatments available for severe recurrent abdominal adhesions without surgery?

Dr. John Edmison
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology
In brief: No
There are no current non-surgical treatments available to my knowledge.
Additionally, I do not endorse surgical treatment for abdominal adhesions as this typically results in more adhesions and worsening of symptoms. I recommend symptom control for nausea and pain. Surgery should be reserved for when the adhesions cause a bowel obstruction.

In brief: No
Dr. John Edmison
Dr. John Edmison
Dr. Wayne Wolf
Surgery
In brief: Abdominal adhesions
Unfortunately there is no treatment for abdominal adhesions other than surgery.
Surgery itself can cause adhesions so it is reserved for cases of severe pain or bowel obstruction.

In brief: Abdominal adhesions
Dr. Wayne Wolf
Dr. Wayne Wolf
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery