How long does a tummy tuck surgery take?

Dr. ELizabeth Kinsley
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Depends

Larger people will take slightly longer, but an average woman will take about 1.
5 hours.

In brief: Depends

5 hours.
Dr. ELizabeth Kinsley
Dr. ELizabeth Kinsley
2 comments
Dr. Tito Vasquez
I typically take 3-4 hours using fairly common plastic surgery techniques. I believe that time involved is less important than the overall results your surgeon can reliably provide.
Dr. Barry Press
Agree completely with Dr. Vasquez- a full abdominoplasty in my hands is a 3.5 hour outpatient procedure
Dr. Todd Sisto
Breast Surgery

In brief: 1.25-2.25 hrs

in my hands & that is only the "skin-to-skin time.
" Anesthesia induction and emergence adds another 0:30-0:45. Use only Surgeon listed w/ ASPS or ASAPS or both.

In brief: 1.25-2.25 hrs

Dr. Todd Sisto
Dr. Todd Sisto
Dr. Eric Chang
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Depends

Depends on you, how large and tall you are.
Depends on the surgeon and how slow or fast they are. Also depends on what else is being done in conjunction with the tummy tuck, ie liposuction of the flanks, etc.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Eric Chang
Dr. Eric Chang
Dr. John Di Saia
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Average: 2-4 hours

They vary depending upon the amount of work a given patient needs.
Gastric bypass patients take longer up to 6 hours for a really large case.

In brief: Average: 2-4 hours

Dr. John Di Saia
Dr. John Di Saia
Dr. Dean Vistnes
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Depends

Depends on the patient and what is being done.
A mini procedure can be done in a short period of time like 1.5 to 2 hours while a larget person with more area to cover who requires liposuction to contour the area as well can take up to 4 hours to get the best result.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Dean Vistnes
Dr. Dean Vistnes
Dr. Timothy King
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: About 2 hours

The surgery itself takes about 2 hours.

In brief: About 2 hours

The surgery itself takes about 2 hours.
Dr. Timothy King
Dr. Timothy King
Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: 3 to 4 hours

A full tummy tuck is an out patient procedure that requires approximately 3 to 4 hours in the operating room. Of course, actual time will depend on your specific case and the surgical plan.
http://www.cosmeticsurg.net/procedures/tummy-tuck/

In brief: 3 to 4 hours

Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez
Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Micro-mini-midi-macr

I have described the 4ms of tummy tuck ranging from micro-mini-midi-macro but in reality there are a hundred different types of tummy tucks (witch hazel) (tt) in a 5'3" individual at 110lbs is not the same as a tt in an individual weighing 250lbs and standing 5 feet tall.
However surgery generally takes from 2-4 hours in probably 90% of patients see the accompanying video:http://www.Youtube.Com/watch?V=djmer5b.

In brief: Micro-mini-midi-macr

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Tito Vasquez
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: 3-5 hours

For a standard tummy tuck, it usually involves 3-5 hours of operative time.
And this varies with the technique and the amount of extra work that may need to be done. Like with most things, i would be cautious about anyone who is at the upper or lower end of this range. A good dialogue with your surgeon will help answer any question that you have.

In brief: 3-5 hours

Dr. Tito Vasquez
Dr. Tito Vasquez
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery