How can I tell if my friend is schizophrenic?

Dr. Kevin Passer
Pediatrics - Psychiatry
In brief: It may be difficult
It is difficult to tell sometimes, as many with paranoia are able to "hold it together" around others.
Some with schizophrenia and while they are psychotic may talk to themselves or may say some bizarre things which don't really make any sense. It can be difficult to tell whether or not certain folks have schizophrenia.

In brief: It may be difficult
Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. John Moranville
In brief: See a psychiatrist
Schizophrenia is a chronic mental disorder characterized by hallucinations and delusions.
There are 3different subtypes, but the most common is paranoid.

In brief: See a psychiatrist
Dr. John Moranville
Dr. John Moranville
Dr. Olukayode Awosika
It is not advisable that you attempt to label your friend with or without Schizophrenia as this is a diagnosis best left to experts. However, if you observe behavior that makes you worried or concerned for their safety, I recommend you speak with their family about your concerns, call a crisis help-line or if in imminent danger 911?