What are the causes of yellow diarrhea?

Bile. Bile, a fluid secreted by the liver to assist in fat absorption is often poorly absorbed when you have diarrhea. This liquid has a yellow-green color and is responsible for the yellowish-green color often seen with diarrhea.
May be normal. Yellow diarrhea is not necessarily a problem. It may be based on your diet and the transit time through the bowel. If it is associated with mucus or blood or there is a bad odor, check a stool sample. Color to the stool indicates the liver is working properly.