What percentage of women survive having breast cancer twice?

Dr. Barry Rosen
Surgery

In brief: Not Uncommon

One significant risk factor for breast cancer is a history of prior breast cancer. Considering our high cure rates for early breast cancer, this scenario is not uncommon.
If they are 2 independent cancers, the chance for cure is stage-dependent, just like any other woman with breast cancer.If it occurs in the opposite breast, some women are more inclined to choose double mastectomy to avoid a 3rd.

In brief: Not Uncommon

Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Radiation Oncology

In brief: While I do not

Know the percent, I have three women under treatment with that scenario.
It is not usual, but it is not shocking when it occurs. May be more common with lobular carcinoma (which makes up about 15% of breast cancer). It can be presaged by lobular neoplasia which is associated with bilateral breast cancer.

In brief: While I do not

Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. Andrew Turrisi