What is the disadvantages of masturbation?

Shame and guilt. Above and beyond any other possible disadvantage. My dog rubs herself and the main disadvantage is her owner gets embarrassed especially when guests are over. Sexual topics tend to be taboo in many cultures. We are not supposed to engage in sexual "perversions" and yet they are commonly practiced. Generally harmless when well-hidden, not publicly exposed.
Let's see? Masturbation, though a normal physiologic practice, can have disadvantages. If done to excess, it can have social implications, it can affect sexual relations with male or female partners, it can cause local trauma to the genital tract, it can affect one socially, mentally and can lead to isolation. If done in a healthy manner, it can be a wonderful enjoyment and sexual pleasure.