What is the difference between high functional autism and aspergers?

In brief: You say potato,
I say po-tah-toe.
.. Seriously, the terms are interchangeable, except that asperger's diagnosis is no longer "in the book.".

In brief: You say potato,
I say po-tah-toe.
Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Dr. Lisa Rankin
ADHD & Autism
In brief: Very Similar
The two entities are often used interchangeably but that is not always accurate.
Some patients with high functioning autism actually have the diagnosis of pdd- nos ( pervasive developmental disorder not otherwise specified). Historically patients with asperger's have had communication and social skills deficits as their main areas of difficuties. This too is an oversimplification in many cases.

In brief: Very Similar
Dr. Lisa Rankin
Dr. Lisa Rankin
Dr. Cindy Juster