What can I do if my panic attacks are taking over my life?

In brief: Evaluation & Therapy
A person who has panic symptoms needs a physical evaluation to rule out any underlying medical condition.
Then there needs to be mental evaluation and consideration of psychotherapy, behavioral therapy and medication.

In brief: Evaluation & Therapy
Dr. Michael Blumenfield
Dr. Michael Blumenfield
Dr. Alan Ali
In brief: Panic
See a therapist that specializes in working with cognitive behavior therapy & can teach you breathing exercises, meditation, relaxation, etc.

In brief: Panic
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Kevin Passer
Pediatrics - Psychiatry
In brief: Relaxation breathing
If you want to avoid medication for your panic attacks, i highly revommend the book: the relaxation response by benson.
Read the entire book, the start doing the exercises as contained in the book. Start with 5 minutes twice a day working up to 10 minutes twice a day. You will soon learn to relax instantly. Then, you will be in charge and the panic attacks no longer will rule and ruin your life.

In brief: Relaxation breathing
Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Eric Weisman