My mother has cancer in the throat area that one doctor has said already metastasized in both lymph nodes? What course of action should we take?

Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Radiation Oncology
In brief: Sounds like
Oropharynx (base of tongue, tonsil, hypopharynx, supraglottic larynx as primary, there are chains of nodes on both sides of the neck, the more & the bigger involved, the less favorable.
Hx: smoking/alcohol: if not hpv genome check in tumor. Standard: chemo/rt. Some prefer chemo first, then chem/rt with neck dissection to follow, especially for residual nodes.

In brief: Sounds like
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Good advice. But many people in your mother's position get excellent results. And I am glad she has someone who cares so deeply about her as to seek advice from us. God bless both of you.
Dr. Arnon Rubin