What can I do for my baby's eczema?

Emollients. A combination of liberal emollient use and antihistamines to control itching may be sufficient for mild eczema. Good emollients include plain vasoline, aquaphor, cerave, eucerin, or cetaphil. Antihistamines such as non-sedating zyrtec, claritin, or Allegra can help itching, or Benadryl (diphenhydramine) or Atarax at night can help. For moderate to severe eczema, prescription steroid ointments may be necessary.
Use cream; wash less. Eczema can be treated by increasing the moisture in the skin, by using creams such as cerave or cetaphil. Hydrocortisone 1% cream is over-the-counter, and can be used twice a day for 4-5 days. If the eczema is not better by then, a doctor needs to look at the rash. If the rash is better, then the Hydrocortisone can be used once a day for 2-3 days, and then stopped. Avoid over-washing the skin.
Eczema treatment. Moisturizer plays an important role in keeping your child's skin healthy. You should apply moisturizer as many time as possible to keep your child's skin moist. Avoiding irritant like soap, apply cortisone cream otc and giving otc antihistamine like zyrtec (cetirizine) will help decrease the inflammation and itchiness. Thus prevent the itch-scratch cycle that aggravates the skin.
Cream. Apply thick hand cream like eucerin or aquaphore or vaseline 4 times daily. If your child has rash that doesn't respond to this then see your doctor for a prescription steroid cream.
Moisturize! The most important treatment for eczema is to increase moisture of the skin (...All day long!) you will probably find your baby's diaper area is the least (if at all) affected area of the body- the urine in the diaper does this naturally. If you have already been doing this, over-the-counter hydrocortizone on the dry, red patches a couple of times a day for up to a week should calm things down.