Is there any problem with having my tongue recently pierced, and having foot surgery soon?

Dr. Robert Leland
Orthopedic Surgery - Foot & Ankle
In brief: Notify anasthesia
This is unlikely to pose a risk (i.
e. Infection) to your foot. Many anesthesiologists want tongue piercings removed prior to surgery, however.

In brief: Notify anasthesia
This is unlikely to pose a risk (i.
Dr. Robert Leland
Dr. Robert Leland
In brief: Piercing
I see no contraindication, but anesthesia will require it to be removed before surgery.

In brief: Piercing
Dr. Thomas Inwood
Dr. Thomas Inwood
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Tongue piercing can cause major dental problems including infection, gum recession, tongue tears, aberrant wear to backs of teeth, fractured teeth, etc. Make sure to see your Dentist very regularly.
In brief: No
As long as there is no infection there should be no problem. Be aware that the anesthesia dept.
Will probably have you remove it for safety.

In brief: No
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Steven Seres