If I have a history of atrial fibrillation and tachycardia is it bad that my heart rate has been 144 all day?

Dr. Jason Rubenstein
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Yes.

If the heart rate is elevated for prolonged periods of time, there is a risk for tachycardia-induced cardiomyopathy - or weakening of the heart from rapid heart rates.
This is usually reversible once the heart rate is corrected. You should see your cardiologist for evaluation.

In brief: Yes.

Dr. Jason Rubenstein
Dr. Jason Rubenstein
Dr. John Garner
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Flutter!

Sounds like atrial flutter, especially if your heart rate is almost invariate at that rate.
Further testing would be required, but if the diagnosis is flutter, an electrophysiologist could help you bid that problem goodbye for life. At the very least you could get to the bottom of the diagnosis.

In brief: Flutter!

Dr. John Garner
Dr. John Garner
Dr. Arnon Rubin