If I have a condom allergy what should I do?

Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis

In brief: Condom allergy?

First make certain it's the condom material & not a spermicial in it.
If allergic to latex, other materials are polyurethane & polyisoprene (the newest addition). Also lambskin, but they are too porous to prevent std transmission. Read package labels to learn what material contents are made of. Try polyurethane, then polyisoprene (latter is probably the most expensive due to being newest).

In brief: Condom allergy?

Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
great information.

In brief: Condom

Great info from Dr. Lewis.
You may be sensitive / allergic to a lubricant, spermicide, etc. vice the condom. Do you have a urinary tract infection, trichomoniasis or yeast infection? Are you allergic to latex? If so – try a non-latex condom. There are many forms of contraception available besides condoms: oral contraceptives (“the pill”), vaginal ring, diaphragm, IUD, implant, patch.

In brief: Condom

Great info from Dr. Lewis.