How long should whiplash last?

Dr. Thomas Dowling
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine
In brief: Varies
For most people, several weeks to up to 6 months in 60% depending on the severity of the injury and whether you are a male or female as females have less protective muscle bulk in their necks.
Also, there may be other structural injuries sustained that may prolong symptoms like disc or facet joint injuries. If it persists and limits you, get it evaluated.

In brief: Varies
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
In brief: Variable
In my experience and in most of the studies that I have read, most whiplash syndromes get better within the first 1-2 months.
Occasionally though we see patients who have persistent symptoms even after several months.

In brief: Variable
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld