How do you relieve pain from swollen gums around wisdom teeth?

See your dentist. This is often a sign of an infection called pericoronitis. This usually results because the wisdom teeth can't erupt all the way. Other causes may be dental decay or periodontal disease. You should see your dentist to figure out exactly what is going on, but it probably means you need your wisdom tooth or teeth removed.
Painful wisdom teeth. Pain from swollen gums around wisdom teeth is caused by inflammation and is called pericoronitis. Temporary measures to relieve pain include salt water or antiseptic mouthwashes, nsaids like ibuprofen, and orajel. But the real answer to the problem is to have the wisdom teeth removed. This is a very common and straightforward operation done by an oral surgeon that is usually very well-tolerated.