Does diarrhea act like a colon cleanser?

Yes. Diarrhea would clean out the colon and help eliminate the solid stool. You should be careful to keep up with fluid losses to make sure you dont dehydrate. You should be able to continue to urinate every 6-8 hours and still have a moist not dry mouth.
No. Diarrhea does not cleanse the colon. People with diarrhea often have solid stool in the colon, even when only liquid stools are produced. Cleansing the colon is unnecessary unless a person is having surgery or a colonoscopy. There is no evidence that uncleansed colons are related to any disease. Constipation can be treated with fiber supplements, stool softeners, and mild osmotic laxatives.