How can I lessen the amount of gas my baby experiences?

Dr. Julia Sundel
In brief: Frequent burping
Keep your baby in an upright position during and 30 min after a feeding.
Burp frequently during and after feedings. Give smaller, more frequent feedings. If breastfeeding, make sure the lips form a tight seal far on the back of the areola. Try eliminating gas-causing foods from Mom's diet such as beans, cruciferous vegetables, dairy, and eggs. Simethicone drops and massaging the abdomen work also.

In brief: Frequent burping
Dr. Julia Sundel
Dr. Julia Sundel
Dr. Michael Pappas
In brief: Good burp
Feeding in smaller quantities and burping between feeds will lessen stomach gas which will lead to other types of gas.
..If you know what i mean. Some people advocate simethicone drops to "break" the air bubbles up, but there is no medical proof that it actually works, but if parents wish to try, i don't discourage them.

In brief: Good burp
Dr. Michael Pappas
Dr. Michael Pappas